Dementia Support Forum
About Dementia Support Forum
Who we are
Dementia Support Forum are a vital source of support and a powerful force for change for everyone affected by dementia.
What we want
We will not rest until people with dementia and their carers live more fulfilled and less fearful lives, free from stigma and inequality.
What we do
We support people affected by dementia through some of the hardest and most frightening times, to improve their lives and help to avoid crisis.
No matter whoever you are, whatever you’re going through, you can turn to Alzheimer’s Society/us for expert support through practical advice, emotional support, and guidance for the best next step
We join forces with people affected by dementia, leading scientists, and policy makers, amplifying voices to push for cutting edge breakthroughs and societal change that’ll improve the lives of people affected by dementia, now and in the future
How we do it
We’re the friendly face of support, the warm voice at the end of the phone and the determined minds who will fight passionately for the cause of everyone affected by dementia.
About the Role
Alzheimer’s Society Cornwall Dementia Support Service involves dedicated members of staff working with people with dementia and/or their carers. We:
- Support people to maintain their independence, improving their sense of well-being, and help them feel in more control of their lives.
- Enable people to access other provision by providing supported referrals into relevant services
- Build relationships with a range of local contacts and network with health and social care professionals
- Help to organise and facilitate peers support groups that inform, educate and support those affected by dementia e.g., Singing for the brain (Truro)
- Provide support face-to-face, on the telephone and online.
- We are community based, working from home, out in the community and meet people in the place they choose, at home or in their community.
Our people are passionate about putting people affected by dementia at the heart of everything we do, to make our service the best it can be.
Our online support includes Talking Point, our online community where you can connect with others in a similar situation, Dementia Talking Point is a helpful online community where anyone who is affected by dementia can receive valuable support. It's free, open day or night, and can be accessed online and our dementia directory where you can search for local services.
Dementia Support: 0333 150 3456
If you are affected by dementia, worried about a diagnosis or a carer, trained staff are ready to give you the support you need
Opening hours: Mon to Weds: 9am – 8pm, Thurs and Fri: 9am – 5pm, Sat and Sun: 10am – 4pm