Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- Online - you can register for GP Online Services and order via the link at the top of this page. See below for details of how to register with Patient Access.
- In person– tick the items required on your computerised prescription counterfoil and place in the letterbox located in the surgery entrance hall or place it in the containers located at the branch surgery collection points.
- By post– send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want it posted back to you.
Please allow two full working days for all repeat prescriptions to be issued whether you are a dispensing or non-dispensing patient.
Dispensing a prescription takes a further two working days.
Remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Registering for online services:
1. Log on to www.patientaccess.com or click on the blue box above.
2. Follow the instructions to register. As part of the registration process you will be asked for the Surgery's postcode which is TR19 7HX (this will currently say Cape Cornwall Surgery but this will link to Atlantic Medical Group).
3. You will also be asked for a "memorable word". Ensure that the word is memorable as you will need this word when you log in in future.
4. You will then be asked for Linkage Key and Account ID numbers. Please contact the Surgery by emailing (NOT phone) firstname.lastname@example.org. This will allow us to verify your email address and we can send your codes by return email.
5. If you were previously registered with The Waiting Room you will not need to provide identification as this has already been checked. If, however, you are new to online services you will need to contact the Surgery to provide ID before your codes can be sent to you.
6. You do NOT need to specify a Pharmacy for your medication - we already have this recorded at the Surgery.
If you need any help with registering with Patient Access please contact the Surgery.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information about electronic prescribing services.
Dispensary - Cape Cornwall Surgery
Cape Cornwall Surgery has its own dispensary which is open between 08:00 – 18:30 on weekdays, closing for lunch between 13:00 and 14:00. We can prescribe drugs for any patients living more than a mile from a chemist. Drugs are delivered to outlying areas of West Penwith and can be collected from:
- Costcutter, Sennen – Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
- The General Store, St Buryan – Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
- 1 Little Trethewey, St Levan – Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
- Boscaswell Stores, Pendeen – Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
We have also started a limited home delivery service for housebound patients on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. Please speak to the dispensary for further information