Cornwall Emotional Support Service
The Cornwall Emotional Support Service is here to support the thousands of stroke survivors in Cornwall who are struggling with depression, low mood and the overall impact stroke has on their mental health and wellbeing.
How does it work?
One of their friendly, qualified, counsellors will get in touch with you and talk through the challenges you’re facing and identify what support you may need to help rebuild your life after a stroke. They will work with you to help you come to terms with what’s happened and offer support to loved ones and carers.
What they offer:
• An assessment of your emotional needs
• Six-to-ten, one-to-one counselling sessions
• Someone to talk to who understands
• The opportunity to meet other stroke survivors and share experiences
• Support to help you find ways to manage the emotional impact of stroke
• Information about stroke and local organisations that can help.
Contact for more information
Phone: 01872 301689
Thank you to the Elwyn Thomas Memorial fund who has made this service possible.
Transforming mental health for people affected by stroke.